Friday, May 14, 2010

The Sky Is Everywhere



I seem to be continuing to find fascinating new YA books and authors! Last night, I finished the truly wonderful "The Sky is Everywhere" by Jandy Nelson.
I loved everything about this book, and will likely read it at least 23 more times (grin to Jandy!)

While a sad story about the sudden and tragic death of 19 year old Bailey Walker, the tale features Bailey's younger sister, Lennie, and how her whole world is changed and how she herself fundamentally grows and changes as a result.

It's a romantic story too! Young love at it's purest with all the resulting emotions and fears well illustrated. The characters are all vibrant, alive to the reader and astonishingly unique, lovable, smart, funny and charismatic.

Jandy Nelson has published her first novel with "The Sky Is Everywhere". Her ability to spin a web of people and events so interconnected that they buzz with electricity right from the page into the reader's heart makes her a Master Storyteller in my book. Her way with words, the oft said "turn of phrase", the way she opens the souls of each person she has created are all indeed special gifts.

I'm recommending this book to all Young Adults and any and all Adults who love a truly well crafted book. As for me, I'm hoping that Ms. Nelson is hard at work on her next book and her next one after that and I wish her phenomenal success.

Go...buy this book today! You won't regret a minute of your time or a penny well spent! There's an Amazon link above to make it easy for you.

Happy Weekend!
Laura

No comments: