Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gemma Halliday -Author Contest


Good afternoon my reading buddies! I received the following news letter from author Gemma Halliday today, and she agreed that it would be fun to share her contest with readers of my blog so that you, too, can become familiar with her books through my links and her website. Gemma's website is a fun place to visit and you can head on over there yourself at Gemma Halliday

I think a great part of this contest is that Gemma isn't just asking readers to buy her books, but asking you to request that your library purchase them. This makes each copy available to so many more readers, and also every time you use your library, you are supporting them, helping our beloved librarian friends keep their jobs and being a part of your community by interacting with your library! I know my library is my favorite place in town!Peabody Institute Library




I have enjoyed all three of Gemma's previous books, and although the library is a wonderful option, you can also buy them from Amazon for your collection! I find that often, I will get a book from the library and if I really love it- then I buy it to have in my bookcases. You should see my house, lol-- we have bookcases everywhere but the bathrooms! Gemma's "High Heels" series will soon be a tv series on the USA Network! Congratulations to Gemma!







Happy holidays, everyone! This is my favorite time of year - when the air turns crisp, the fireplaces are cozy, and everything at the mall is 50% off. ;)

One of my favorite things about the holidays is the food. Sadly, those who know me know I'm more of a “microwave until it’s thawed” kind of gal than a great cook. But one thing I do know is cocktails! So, getting into the spirit of the season, here are a few of my favorite cocktail recipes:

CRANBERRY CRAZE COCKTAILS
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 3 oz. cranberry juice, 2 oz. orange juice and 1 ½ oz. vodka. Shake sharply and strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with lemon lime soda, then squeeze a dash of lime juice and sprinkle with frozen cranberries.
To make them virgin for the kids, just leave out the vodka!

HOT BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE
Make hot cocoa in a coffee mug any way you prefer. (I’m a firm believer in the instant packets.) Add ½ oz. of amaretto and 2 oz. of Butterscotch Schnapps, then stir well. Garnish with a layer of whipped cream. Yum!

And, if you’re really in the mood for something simple and tasty, try an IRISH MARTINI. Just mix vodka and Bailey’s Irish Cream in a cocktail shaker to taste and voila!

Also in the spirit of giving this season, I’m sponsoring a contest for signed cover flats of my upcoming book, ALIBI IN HIGH HEELS. And the good news – everyone who enters will get one! Check out all the details on my website.

Looking into the new year, I’ve got a ton of fun projects planned. First up in February, you can catch my short story “Mark of a Bond Girl” in the Dream & Desires Vol. 2 charity anthology to benefit victims of domestic violence. In March, the next Maddie caper, Alibi in High Heels, releases. And in May you can read my very first novella “So I Dated an Axe Murderer” in the These Boots Were Made for Strutting anthology. You can read excerpts of all three right now on my website


Also in 2008, I’m excited to be sponsoring a very fun Bachelor Auction! I’ll be auctioning off Valentine's Day virtual dates with 8 hot romance novel cover models, including Playgirl Magazine’s man of the year 2007 and two former contestants on the Mr. Romance TV show on the Oxygen network! All proceeds from the auction will go to benefit victims of domestic violence, so a hot hunk for you means a huge helping hand for a family in need. Be sure to check my website for details starting in January!

You have all helped make 2007 such a wonderful year for me, and I want to thank you all for being the best readers ever! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a very fabulous new year! (And if Santa should happen to drop off an extra pair of size seven stilettos at your house… well, you know where to send them. ;) )


~ Gemma



No comments: