Saturday, December 29, 2007

Jane Ellen-- A Woman of Substance


Jane Ellen is my friend. I am so honored to be able to type that sentence and share today a bit about who Janie is. I get the right to call her Janie, because she has been my dear friend for nearly 10 years, and we were almost namesakes! When I was born, my Mom initially planned to name me Jane Ellen. I even had a birth announcement in the paper that said Jane Ellen L was born.... then a correction announcement after Mom spit out Laura Ellen later on! It was fate-- Janie and I couldn't really share a name, it would be too confusing, but it was also fate that brought us together, via the Internet and a common love of some particular pop/tv culture.

Janie is a composer, multi-talented musician, author and speaker. She has overcome obstacles both ordinary, and unusually difficult to become a presence strongly felt in the musical field as well as the Internet where she has won many awards for web design over the years. Janie has several CD's available and I'd recommend that you purchase them all- you won't regret it! Janie's CD's are available at CDBABY



Our family plays her CD's often, but most notably at Christmas, or when someone needs soothing, be it man or upset feline! We even played one of her CD's in the background at my Mom's memorial service two years ago. Her music evokes many emotions, from calmness, to joy, to sadness, to love. Much like Janie herself!

Janie is undoubtedly the most optimistic person I have ever known. Also one of the most supportive friends I've ever had, she always offers up hope and prayers, and extra love, and is never judgemental no matter how bad the situation is, or who is in trouble, or who has left the planet..she finds a way to make me feel better. She's funny too! I will occaisionally tease her about living in "AlbaKookie", and she laughs right along, and comes up with humorous responses, never taking offense.
Janie is also one of the busiest and most productive people I know. She gets more done in a week than I do in two months!

Ok-- now I've had my say, let me share with you some professional information about Jane Ellen!

First of all, I suggest that you take the time to explore Janie's MySpace page at JaneEllen Music
Below is the text of Janie's latest newsletter, which will show you what a busy woman this talented lady is!

Jane Ellen’s Journal
a life in the artsFeed on Posts Comments December news as the year flies by
19 December 2007 by janesjournal

I’m currently going through a lot of personal changes, and although nothing is earth-shattering, everything is happening with such momentum that I’m expending all my energy simply trying to keep things from spinning out of control. I had hoped to be back blogging by now; I miss it far more than anyone probably realises. I can at least post my December newsletter, however, and hope to write a post or two before the year is out.

Greetings from Jane Ellen’s Official Website!

Dear Friends,

It’s been a roller coaster ride since the release of my last CD, and I can scarcely believe the year is nearly over! I promise not to take too much of your time, but I did want to touch base with everyone once more before the new year.

On the recording front, there are only a few copies of the limited edition CD Flowers in Winter still available, and I’m thrilled with the response that it is generating internationally. Even after the physical CDs are sold out, mp3s will still be available via CDBaby.com, iTunes, and other reputable download companies. Please remember to check out the work of London-based charity SoundAid which uses music donated by independent artists to raise money for Heifer International. You can find my SoundAid EP Heartsounds here: www.soundaid.org/janeellen.

More recent news in brief: Happy Day Radio in South Korea; Mystic Age Radio (www.mysticageradio.com) in Ft Pierce, FL; and Spirit Within Radio (www.spiritwithinmusic.com) in Lubbock, TX are all currently broadcasting tracks from my three CDs. German composer/recording artist Sascha “Psycomatic” Hummel requested permission to sample ‘Time for Rejoicing’ for a new work due out in 2008. Pianist/composer Alessandra Celletti, of Rome, Italy, is currently reviewing one of my piano works; Parisian harper Eve McTelenn has graciously accepted my set of Celtic harp pieces; while cellist Ivan Pelayo, of Guadalajara, Mexico, has requested several of my chamber scores to study for possible performance. New Orleans artist Stuart South has asked permission to turn a photo taken of me at a childhood accordion competition into a painting, and I am looking forward to seeing the results next year.

You can expect to see some changes at my website, www.janeellen.com, but it will take some time to implement them. I will be eliminating a lot of older sections to make room for a new focus on my musical work and compositions. I’m also working steadily with interactive networks such as MySpace (www.myspace.com/janeellenmusic) and Classical Lounge (www.classicallounge.com/janeellen) - both of which have brought me an amazing amount of publicity in a relatively short period of time - and I will be linking all of these sites together.

If, for any reason, you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, simply reply to any mailing with the word “unsubscribe” written in the subject line. Your wishes will be immediately respected. If this newsletter has been forwarded to you, and you wish to join the monthly mailing list, send an email to jane@janeellen.com with the word “subscribe” written in the subject line.

Thank you for your continued support, your encouragement, and your friendship over the years. I wish you, and all whom you love, the brightest and most beautiful blessings of the season, and look forward to seeing you next year!

Follow your heart,
Jane Ellen



Please honor my friend Jane Ellen (my Janie!) by visiting her website, leaving feedback here and on her blog, and by purchasing her CD's. You'll be discovering an amazing talent just as she really hits the big time!

Peace and Light,
Laura
The More Books The Better

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I love the cover art on them! Did she do that? I didn't see it on your blog, but I read fast..LOL. :)
Also, is there a link on iTunes?
JANE...hmmmmm, my name was almost LAURA LYN! hee hee

Anonymous said...

Jane Ellen is one of the sweetest and dearest individuals that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Her emails brighten my inbox on a regular basis, in spite of her busy schedule that never seems to slow down. Janie, thank you...you're a true blessing.