Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Selections





You can see above The Order of Importance for Required Television Viewing in our home tonight.
Darn good thing we have two tv's and I can slip away for an hour-- even bring my books with me so I can read during commercials! When you have 35 books (at least) calling your name, and fueling your guilt, you tend to take them with you everywhere. I think I am reading 8, or maybe 9 at once right now.

Thanksgiving is behind us now, and we are starting a whole new life-- a rebirth of sorts. It's been one hell of a year, draining us in every way imaginable and then some. Yet a year later, the outcome is positive and we are picking ourselves up, dusting each other off, and putting one foot in front of the other. New people, new understanding, new perspective and a more thorough understanding of who our friends and family really are and what they mean to us.

Today we ventured forth to a nearby city to check on parking for an event I am attending tomorrow. Little did we know (since we don't get a local newspaper anymore) that today was the Santa Parade. Right along the road we were driving on. We were too early for the parade, but not for the parade go-ers. They lined some big streets, 3 deep. I felt like the parade was US-- celebrating our new lives! So, naturally, I practiced my "Queen Wave" now and then. I do believe I caught my husband eyeballing a Sponge Bob balloon lustily. We did not speak of it, however.
Found where I am going tomorrow morning at the unholy hour of 9 am. They have promised coffee--which I don't usually partake of, but tea is also on the menu. My doctor actually kind of laughed at me when I told him I only drink coffee 4 or 5 times a year. Yeah, weird, I know.

Upon our escape from the Parade Fanatics, I left the husband at home to rake leaves and clean gutters and sought solace in our local library..which was crowded itself.
I did find a couple of books to divert myself from the 37 or 45 or 500 that I have at home already. These are what I found. The one about authors would make a great Christmas present if you have a friend or family member who is a writer themselves! The Cat that Changed My Life is a book Sophie enjoyed very much.

In the book sale room I found a book for the husband too-- a real bargain. He is thrilled.


We did finish watching Season 4 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". We've already watched all of Season 5 and most of Season 6, but Season 4 came to us on DVD late in the game. I love "Curb"...but the episode where Larry is in "The Producers" on Broadway nearly put me to sleep. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LARRY? No good can come of that! Well, no good comes ever in most of the episodes of Curb. For awhile, I thought I'd like to be more like Larry David in some ways. The more I watched, the more I realized I'd carry Larry with me in my head, and as I encounter difficult situations in life, I would think to myself "WWLD" (what would Larry Do?). I would do the opposite 9 times out of 10. Gotta love Larry though.

Tonight is now books, books, and preparation for the ladies of "Sisters in Crime" tomorrow morning-- I hope to report in that it is a really fun, informative tea and talk event. Oh yeah, and Desperate Housewives and The Patriots game-- how could I forget those!

Peace and Light
Laura
The more books the better.

No comments: